Why work for us?
Our culture focuses on developing great staff who can deliver an exceptional service to clients. We are invested in our team, which is why we continue to offer training and new opportunities to our staff – as well as one of the most flexible work approaches within our profession.
Our diverse and inclusive practice continues to grow quickly, backed by our passionate professionals.
Grunberg & Co were accredited as one of top 10 best employers at the British Accountancy Awards in 2019.
How we support our staff
Paid staff volunteering day each year
23 days holiday increasing to 25 on 5th year of service
Quarterly social events
Private medical cover
Staff brainstorming and team building days
Staff rewards/bonus scheme
Commission paid for referred clients
Fresh fruit for staff
Massive opportunities for progression to those who deliver
Commission paid for successfully referred candidates
Two trained Mental Health First Aiders
Employee Assistance Programme
Private Health Insurance
providing GP appointments, Health Checks, Nutrition Consultations, Mental Health and Bereavement Consultations
Aura App to help with wellbeing and sleep
Mental Health Training
Stress Awareness Training
Anxiety Awareness Training
Remote Working Training
Corporate social responsibility
We support a charity of the year and raise funds throughout the year via sports activities, challenges, paid volunteer days and
in-house events to raise awareness and funds.
As a firm we strive to be environmentally conscious and these are some of the things we have done so far:
Office recycling – no individual staff waste bins so maximum amount of waste is recycled
No plastic or paper cups
Filter water straight from the tap so no bottled water required
LED lighting to save energy
Hot water tap to save energy and water consumption
Facts and figures
of our Partners were promoted internally
managers were promoted internally
of staff have the opportunity for flexible working
of our staff are female
of our staff are male
of our staff work part-time
is the average age of our staff
is the average age of our Partners
staff and we are expanding
Your future is important to us and whether you join us as a trainee or as an experienced professional we are by your side to guide and support you in your career aspirations. We help you put together a development plan which is constantly revisited in regular 1-2-1 meetings to make sure your career is on track and heading in the right direction.
Our partners are there alongside you too to provide support and career guidance during dedicated partner mentor meetings. Your partner mentor is chosen by you so that you are in control of who you feel can help you most.
- 2012 Joined as AAT Trainee (School Leaver Scheme)
- 2014 Promoted to Audit & Account Semi-Senior
Began ACA qualification
- 2016 Promoted to Audit & Accounts Senior
- 2017 Qualified Accountant
- 2018 Promoted to Assistant Manager
- 2019 Promoted to Audit & Account Manager
- 2015 Joined School Leaver Programme began AAT
- 2018 Promoted to Audit & Accounts Semi-Senior Began ACA Qualification Shortlisted for Apprentice of the Year at the IRIS Accountancy Awards
- 2019 Part-Qualified Chartered Accountant
- 2019 Qualified Chartered Accountant
- 2020 Promoted to Audit & Accounts Senior
- 2013 Joined Graduate Trainee Scheme began ACA Qualification
- 2016 Part-Qualified Chartered Accountant
- 2016 Promoted to Audit & Accounts Semi-Senior
- 2018 Qualified Chartered Accountant
- 2018 Promoted to Audit & Accounts Senior
- 2020 Promoted to Audit & Accounts Assistant Manager
- 2021 Promoted to Audit & Account Manager
Graduate and School Leaver Programme
The traditional image of accountants has come a long way from manual bookkeeping to present day artificial intelligence (AI) that is changing the way accountants work. The stereotypical image of an accountant providing a back-office function, with limited social interaction couldn’t be further from the truth. Find out more…
Our graduate and school leaver programme is currently closed to applications.
We are continually looking for excellent, high calibre staff for both ourselves and our clients. If you would like to forward us your CV, we will keep your details on file and you may be considered should a vacancy arise.
Are you a recruiter?
We don’t accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies and we accept no responsibility for fees claimed for unsolicited CVs being submitted.
If we need a little extra help filling our roles, we’ll contact you!
Frequently asked questions
Do you offer apprenticeships?
Yes. Most of our school leavers and graduates join us as apprentices. School leavers would follow the AAT or ATT apprenticeship program and graduates would follow the ACA, CIMA or ATT/CTA apprenticeship program. For more details please follow this link Apprenticeships
When should I apply for your school leaver and graduate programs?
We have two intakes of trainees a year. Once in April and once in September. It would be advisable to submit your applications by February and June respectively.
What is the entry level requirements for School Leaver vacancies?
Level 5 in English and Maths, however we do not only look at academic achievements. If you can demonstrate other attributes such as hard work and a determination to succeed these are qualities that are well regarded.
What is the entry level requirements for Graduates?
A 2.1 is desired. You do not need a finance based degree. Other degrees are accepted. Just as desirable is that you can demonstrate you are taking a career in accountancy seriously i.e. via related work experience or can demonstrate an interest in business.
Do you offer study support?
Most of our trainees join as apprentices. Those that do not qualify but are eligible to join as trainees would be provided with either full study support or paid study days and exam days depending on the qualification they are following.
I am looking for non-finance role – do you have vacancies?
Any non-finance roles, are normally within our admin department. These will be advertised on our recruitment page when they become available.
Do you offer internships?
We do offer internships and one year university placements. We generally take on interns during our summer months from June through to September in our bookkeeping, audit & accounts and tax departments. Please apply in writing to email@example.com with a covering letter and copy of your CV. You will be asked to come in for an interview before a place is offered.
Do you offer work experience?
We do offer work experience to year school students in year 10 to sixth form but this will usually be for one week’s experience. Please apply in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter and copy of your CV.
I am a qualified accountant but haven’t worked in Practice, what roles can I apply for?
We are often recruiting at the qualified level but most roles do need applicants to have worked in Practice – please see the individual vacancies for details.
What personal traits do you value in applicants?
Strong ethics, trustworthiness, attention to detail, precision and great organisational skills are all a must for skilled professionals but these are not only the things that are important.
- Can you also build relationships with clients? Accountancy isn’t just about number crunching but about building relationships and imparting advice.
- Can you demonstrate fantastic communication skills and are you a good collaborator working with teams and imparting this skill when advising clients on their business?
- Do you have amazing time management, business commerciality and creativity? Good professionals have creative minds and can think outside of the box for fresh solutions.
- Can you sell – are you able to bring in clients and also sell within your existing customer portfolio?
At every level some or all of these skills are needed and are valued by us.
Why us and not another accountancy firm?
Hopefully through this page you are already convinced we are a great firm to work for but here are a few more reasons:
- Fantastic modern offices located in Colindale.
- Top 100 firm and growing with a clear vision for partners and staff.
- Sole UK member of an international network giving us a global reach.
- Our work is produced to our high standard which is reflected in the expertise of our staff.
- Positive, open working environment.
- We collaborate with our staff using focus groups, partner mentoring and an open door policy for staff to share their ideas
Where are your offices and do I need a car?
Our head office is based in Colindale, North West London which is a short walk from Colindale station on the northern line.
A car is not necessary but many of our staff do drive to the Colindale office and we have some onsite parking which is allocated on a first come, first served basis.