Passing on a lifetime’s wealth to those you choose
When you have spent a whole lifetime building up your personal wealth, you want to think that upon your death your estate will pass into the hands of your chosen beneficiaries and not into the hands of the Taxman.
And yet, all too often we meet clients who are shocked at how much of their inheritance is taken from them before they even see it! At present rates, the Taxman can take up to 40% of your estate! Yes almost half its value! This makes estate planning so very necessary.
The earlier you make the arrangements, the greater your chance of taking full advantage of tax opportunities available and thereby maximising the amount that goes to your beneficiaries.
It is equally important when planning to transfer your estate that you make adequate provision for yourself and your spouse in your later years. Striking this balance calls for considerable skill and foresight – and a detailed knowledge of the tax regime.
We provide a discreet estate planning service that includes:
- Help with drawing up and reviewing your will
- Making full use of exemptions and lower tax rates on lifetime transfers
- Optimising lifetime transfers between spouses
- Transferring agricultural or business property
- Transferring assets into trust
- Arranging adequate life assurance to cover potential inheritance tax liabilities
- Probate services
Need further information?
To see if we can help you with your estate planning please contact us on 020 8458 0083 at no obligation.
To learn more about our Probate services please visit our Probate Services website.