Internationally Mobile Individuals

We specialise in non-dom taxation advice for British citizens working overseas and international employees who choose to make the UK their work base.

As an individual, your tax status will almost certainly be affected by your change of workplace and residency.

Expat tax status is a complex area and requires careful planning to ensure that you are not paying too much or too little tax.

As the exclusive UK member of REANDA International – which provides a network of global connections and cross border expertise – we are able to support internationally mobile, non-domiciled individuals.

Offering a helping hand to U.S. expats living in the UK

As a U.S. expat living in the UK, you must continue to file an annual U.S. tax return, even if your tax affairs are paid through UK PAYE.

U.S. citizens and green card holders must continue to provide their details to the American Inland Revenue Service (IRS) regardless of how many years they have lived outside the country. Even UK citizens with dual-citizenship must do so, although some are unaware of this rule and can get caught out.

Do I have to complete a US tax return?

If you are a U.S. citizen or green card holder, the rules for filing income, estate and gift tax returns are generally the same whether you are in the United States or abroad.

Your worldwide income needs to be reported to the U.S. income tax authorities regardless of where you reside. You must submit a tax return annually, although you will most likely not owe tax due to the foreign tax credits and/or the foreign earned income exclusion.

Our team can:

  • Prepare your U.S. tax return
  • File it with the IRS
  • Send annual reminders
  • Deal with state tax returns and filing
  • FBAR filing (Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts)
  • Handle overdue tax returns from prior years, including Streamlined Compliance filings

Awards and Accreditations

Get in touch

Get in touch

If you would like to see full details of our data practices please visit our Privacy Policy and if you have any questions please email