From 19th July 2021, after operating in some form of lockdown over the past eighteen months, we are pleased to be operating a slow and gradual reopening of our offices. While continuing to follow government advice to remain cautious, staff who wish to return to the office are now able to do so. As our office reopens, staff will attend the office on an ‘as needed’ basis but as COVID-19 cases are currently still significant, we are advising staff to remain at home and to continue to hold client meetings virtually if possible. This situation will be constantly reviewed.
During the last 18 months we have been continually assessing the impact of the pandemic on our staff and how best we can keep our work force engaged, motivated and productive to ensure our clients receive the service that we are proud of and that they deserve. We also needed to allow staff the flexibility to manage the constantly changing demands on their personal lives not least with the unpredictability of school closures or class isolations. We decided earlier this year to adopt an agile working policy for all staff which allows them to work both from home or the office. This also allows those staff who are more vulnerable to remain working at home until such time as they feel safe to return to the office. As has been the case over the last 18 months this will not affect the high level of service that you should expect.
How have we considered risk
- We carried out staff surveys, a risk assessment and consulted with staff. Following this we formulated a plan for returning to the office safely. We shared the risk assessment with staff and consulted with them on the results, as part of our continual communications with them about their safety and return to the office.
- Please see a copy of our risk assessment here.
Who should go to the office
- Staff will be asked to attend the office on an as needed basis.
- Staff are allowed to travel on public transport to the office, but we encourage them to travel by car to the office where possible. We ask staff to wear facemasks on all forms of public transport even where this is not legislated by the government.
- On arrival to the office all staff have their temperatures taken and are asked to return home if their temperature is high and are asked to take a COVID-19 test.
- Staff must wear masks when walking around the office, in communal areas and in walkways.
- Staff are asked to regularly wash their hands and use sanitisers stationed around the office.
- We have asked staff to maintain social distancing in the office as much as possible and to be mindful of their colleagues’ sensitivities in this regard. We have communicated with all staff, prepared detailed procedures, and installed the necessary signage in the office.
- Our office has enhanced cleaning twice a week and is cleaned at the end of each working day.
- To help prevent the transmission of coronavirus, we have a number of hand sanitisers and cleaning products available to use throughout the office and staff are aware of what should be cleaned after contact.
As we emerge out of lockdown and ‘Freedom Day’ on the 19th July we are continuing to implement safety measures within our office, for the continued safety of our staff and visitors to our offices.
We continue to offer our full range of professional tax, accountancy, and business advice services and in that respect, it is business as usual.
However, for the safety of our team and your own personal protection we have implemented changes to how we interact with clients and visitors to ensure that everyone continues to remain safe during the emergence out of lockdown.
This factsheet provides a summary of the steps we have taken and some guidance for you so that we can all continue safe practices.
If you would like to know more about the range of services on offer, do not hesitate to contact us.
I need to discuss a matter with my accountant or adviser
If you would like to speak to a member of our team face to face, we are able to offer virtual meetings using video conferencing via Microsoft Teams or Zoom, which can facilitate one or a number of attendees. We are also able to facilitate conference calls via our telephone system. By utilising these methods, you should be able to communicate with our team without having to leave the safety of your home or business to meet with us.
If there is an urgent requirement to speak with a member of our team in person, this can be held at our office on the day the staff member is able to attend the premises.
An appointment must be arranged with the required staff member prior to arriving at our office.
Visitors to our offices
In order to keep our staff and our visitors safe when attending our offices, we request all visitors to adhere to the following.
- Inform us that you will be visiting our office. If this is to deliver items, please phone ahead and let us know you will be arriving. If you need to meet or discuss any matters with a member of staff, we kindly request you to make an appointment prior to arriving.
- Masks must be worn on arrival to the office.
- On entering the office your temperature will be taken. If it is 37.8 or above, you will not be allowed to continue with your meeting. No records of your temperature will be kept.
- Please sanitise your hands on entering the office at the sanitisation station.
- Please speak to reception and sign in to ensure we have a record of your visit.
If you are also attending a meeting:
- If all parties agree face masks may be removed in the meeting.
- Chairs within meeting rooms are safely distanced and should remain where placed.
- If you need to use our washrooms, there are allocated visitor amenities. Please be aware only one person may enter at a time and signage on the washroom door will indicate if the room is in use.
- We are happy to serve you refreshments, however you may prefer to bring your own.
If you are making a delivery or collection:
- Please let us know if you wish to deliver items to the office so we know to expect you.
- Items to be delivered should be placed at the delivery point signposted in reception by the visitor. All deliveries will be sprayed with disinfectant.
- Items to be collected will be left in our collection point and will have been sprayed with disinfectant prior to collection. Only the person collecting the item may handle the item once placed in the collection point.